It's one week before the all-star break in 2014-15 NBA season. I felt this was a good time to give my initial thoughts on the offseason priorities. I compiled a short list of 5 players. My disclaimer is these are more basketball related moves with less thought on details of the financials. Also, only realistic chances in my opinion (sorry Marc Gasol and Kevin Love fans).  I will update again once season is over and more details on specific players arise but let's start with number 5:

Wesley Matthews



So the Knicks have been lacking a 3 ball shooter the last 2 seasons (We miss you Novak!).  Wes has shown he can stretch the floor and triangle aside, when teams double Melo or we get some penetration, he can be the catch and shoot guard we need. 

Oh we have not had two-way guard in some time either.  Yes, he plays defense. 

He will attract other teams this offseason which would force Knicks to spend but I do believe he can bring in value against his future contract.  He won't command max Jimmy Butler money but will be more expensive than a Danny Green.  

He looks like a great fit to start at the 2 and I respect his sneaker choice of the Kobe 9 elites. I think there's a real chance he is a Knick next year.